- This facility is for use by residents of SILVER SPRING TOWNSHIP and/or the BOROUGH OF MECHANICSBURG and is for yard waste generated on properties from the municipalities listed and transported by residents or by municipal staff. A valid permit is required for entry. One Vehicle per access card.
- Use of this site is at your own risk. Due to the possibility of numerous residents entering and exiting the site simultaneously, we ask that you please exhibit extra caution and care.
- NO BAGS OR CONTAINERS ARE TO BE LEFT AT THE SITE.
- This facility is protected by 24-hour recorded video surveillance. Anyone found in violation of the following rules shall be subject to applicable fines and/or penalties as the law allows. Violators will have their privilege to use the site revoked, without refund, and may be cited by the Mechanicsburg Police Department.
- This facility is for the collection of leaves, brush, and shrubbery clippings ONLY.
COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPING BUSINESSES ARE PROHIBITED FROM USING THIS FACILITY.
The following items are not acceptable uses of the facility:
- Grass clippings, garbage, dirt, stones, fruits and vegetables.
- Treated lumber, landscaping timber, cross ties, painted wood, wooden furniture and/or construction & demolition debris. No commercially chipped wood.
- Trash, household hazardous waste, medical waste, bulky items (appliances, furniture), tires and/or scrap metal
- Branches over fourteen (14) inches in diameter and/or tree stumps. No firewood will be accepted.
- Skid loaders or chain saws. No Construction and/or demolition debris.